Abstract:Visit to both monasteries. Duration around 3hours.
At 10 a.m. departure from vrnjci Spa. We pass through Trstenik and the first stop is at the monastery Ljubostinja. Located in the small mountain river valley (Ljubostinjska River). It was founded by Princess Milica. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Holy Virgin. The monastery was built from 1388 to 1405. In Ljubostinja were buried Princess Milica, wife of Prince Lazar and the nun Jefimija, who after the Battle of Kosovo vowed here with a number of widows of Serbian nobility whose husbands disappeared in the battles of Marica and Kosovo Polje. Today Ljubostinja is a female monastery preserved and maintained by fifteen nuns. At 11: 30 a.m. we leave the monastery courtyard and at 11: 50 we arrive at the monastery of St. Petka, where visit lasts up to 1 hour. Monastery and Church of Sv. Petka dates from the mid XVII century. Today it looks fairly new, and this is due to the reconstruction during the 70-ies of the last century. The monastery is famous for keeping the lid of Sv. Petka and the Holy stone, which is believed to have healing characteristics. Today this is a nunnery. Arrival back to Vrnjci Spa at 1p.m.